Skip to main content

I've graduated but am still continuing the mission.

     The last four years have been an amazing journey into a future I could never have imagined.  I went back to college after many years to continue my education.  I completed not only my bachelor's degree, lived in Japan for a year, volunteered at a Japanese garden for two years, just completed an amazing research journey in Japan, but have now graduated with my master's degree.  All these things were not even in my dreams after completing my second Associate's degree in NY many moons ago.  I am so thankful for all of the things good and bad that have led me to this point in my life and have made me who I am today.

     My words of wisdom for all those who are reading this; keep moving forward no matter what life throws at you.  Although things like unemployment, hostile friendships, deaths, and divorce are hard... you can get through them.  We are resilient creatures and bounce back.  If you need proof of that you can turn to me.


As I move forward in my career now at the Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens, I look to the bright future it will bring.  Having the opportunity to learn about the Yamato colony and Mr. "George" Sukeji Morikami and their resilience to create the American dream in an uninhabited South Florida has been eye opening and emotional.  Yesterday I spent most of the day along with a few dedicated individuals creating the Ohakomari and the Bondana for Mr. Morikami and those that came before him.

     Learning Mr. Morikami's story has proven even more how we are all intertwined and how now more than ever we need to learn how to accept one another.  Even though I will have less dedicated time now that I have joined the everyday 9-5 working world once again, I promise I will find a way to finish my 2nd documentary and continue my mission.

"ACCEPTANCE FOR ALL" 

Comments